What's The Absolute Hardest Challenge In Public Speaking?

Dr. Jack Dempsey Dr. Jack Dempsey

What's The Absolute Hardest Challenge In Public Speaking?

I've been giving talks, presentations and "shows" based in my studies and professorial experience for over 30 years---and every single talk, every single class puts me back at the beginning of tackling the combination of skills that creates effective speaking, the kind whose message or content really stays with an audience.

Once I have a good opening "hook" to state the issues, and have worked through a written script in order to discover my best conclusions (and hence, know what my closing needs to deliver), the hardest part for me is creating the "main body" that lays out the material with plenty of clear examples AND moves right along....Are your hardest challenges similar or different? We'd love to hear about them!