WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR

JackDempsey JackDempsey

WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR

The late (2015) Barbara Mor's achievements as a poet, historian ("The Great Cosmic Mother") and feminist thinker stand beyond question for the ages. Now, what person of scholarly skills and deep dedication will step forward to claim the laurels for assembling Mor's "Collected" poems and fiery, profound personal writings?

The volume and value of Mor's works (let alone her life-story and her impact on her times) will demand and reward every bit of careful patient labor. But a legion of Mor's distinguished friends and correspondents stand ready (like her family) to help an editor with this project-of-a-lifetime.

This is for real, and a very rare challenge---It's a chance to give a major writer's works definitive shape, and thus, it's a sure-fire shot at YOUR becoming the editor who puts these extraordinary volumes on the Literary Bookshelf Called "Forever"...

Think about it! And then for starters, contact Dr. Jack Dempsey here or at    jpd37 at hotmail dot-c-o-m.
Tom A Tom A

Re: WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR

I agree! Her work needs to be collected, preserved, republished. A thorough biography should be written. Your (Dr. Dempsey's) tribute page provides a lot of biographical info already. And the letters are gems. I took great pleasure reading through that webpage yesterday afternoon and evening. There's a potential book I'd like to have on my shelves.

I only heard about Barbara Mor yesterday morning. I spent the day being blown away by all of the writing I have found so far online. Just found another poem, quoted in a book of essays (The Desert is No Lady, archived in Google Books) about (on one level) cycling in the wind. Great poem. No mention of the source, as far as I can see.

My humble two cents: she's a great poet. I'm surprised I haven't seen her poems in the poetry anthologies on course reading lists.

By the way, I learned about her through Lemon Hound, an online literary magazine based I think here in Montreal.
JackDempsey JackDempsey

Re: WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR

Thanks for writing, Tom! Very glad you're enjoying your Barbara Mor discoveries. There's a whole staggering multidimensional universe of works waiting for you. I think she is, simply, a giant---and when you mention her "cycling in the wind" I could somehow see her doing just that, riding her old bike as she used to do, several miles through the AZ desert from one of her former living places for living supplies and precious mail, being half blown-over by the 12-wheelers barreling down the highway, and grieving the dead animals and wind-swept trash with which we thank nature for existence...

Hope you'll share the word about Mor all you can, and someday we'll find that right scholar who wants to live forever beside her name...

Your friend, Jack

********************
Box 551 Karteros Road
Iraklion 71500, Crete, Greece
Cell #30-021-694-918-8794

The secret of happiness is freedom, and the secret of freedom, courage.
Thucydides

[...]

To unsubscribe from WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR, click here.
NAML
JackDempsey JackDempsey

Re: WANTED: SKILLED DEDICATED SCHOLAR TO WIN FAME AS MOR "COLLECTED" EDITOR

PS Here's a link to a blogspot discussion about Mor that I did a few months ago, hope you enjoy! Jack

http://www.blogtalkradio.com/voicesofthesacredfeminine/2016/11/11/honoring-our-ancestors--barbara-morwith-jack-dempsey