Pilgrims' 400th Anniversary in 2020---What will be different?

Dr. Jack Dempsey Dr. Jack Dempsey

Pilgrims' 400th Anniversary in 2020---What will be different?

As you know, the 400th anniversary of the arrival of "Pilgrims" at Plimoth Plantation is coming in 2020. Naturally we can expect plenty of public events, commemorations, and educational forums around that landmark in American historical time. But what will be new and different in the way we understand and celebrate this heritage? What have we learned? What have we not learned? And what will the answers mean for the future of American culture and history?