Comment from Guestbook

Dr. Jack Dempsey Dr. Jack Dempsey

Comment from Guestbook

Liz from North Dakota, 16 January 2014

I happened to be looking on the internet and saw the Pistol Packin' Mama B-24 photo and went in to that site.....My dad was a navigator on the Pistol Packin' Mama 464th, 776th....he used to tell us about the horrible missions to Ploesti and Bleckhammer..... he made it out after 50 missions... maybe he knew you!thanks for putting this on the net...The brave young men in their flying machines!

Show Comments (1)

Dr Jack Dempsey, 17 January 2014

Thanks so much for your post! What was your Dad's name? Since the air crews were necessarily so interchangeable, I wonder if my Dad and yours sometimes flew missions together. Hope to hear more about your Dad's experiences, and thanks again for writing!  - Jack D
BigKahuna56 BigKahuna56

Re: Comment from Guestbook

My dad, Stanley R. Jorgensen, was a radio operator of the 776th Squadron
and flew missions from June 14th to Sept 10th with the 464th Bomb Group
stationed at Pantanella, Italy. Anybody have any information about him would
love to hear from you. We think he flew with many different crews while stationed
there, but have a photo of him with Victor Jiricek's B24 and his crew. Does any
body know what was Jiricek's B24 nickname?